Tuesday, November 14th, 2017 @ 10AM – 1PM PDT
Patch Number: 1.4.142
Standalone Client Patch Size: ~664 mb
Steam Client Patch Size: TBA
Please note that due to compression differences the Steam patch size may be larger than the standalone client patch size.
The Thanatos has arrived, and is now en-route to the Hangars of eligible MechWarriors!
This patch marks the release of Rubellite Oasis, our first brand-new Map since the release of Grim Plexus in March of last year. Excluding Faction Play Siege Mode, Rubellite Oasis features full support for all other Quick Play and Faction Play Game Modes. Work on the upcoming City Map, slated for release early next year, is currently underway!
The 2017 Annual Rewards Program content is finally here! Five brand new variants are now en route to the Hangars of eligible MechWarriors, along with additional content for Active Players and MC purchasers. You still have until November 14th at 10AM PST/6PM UTC to qualify!
Rounding out the patch we have a large number of general fixes, including an improvement to the Domination Beacon balance on Crimson Strait, animation improvements for the Nova Cat and Uziel 'Mechs, and much more!
Read on for all the details of the November patch, and we'll see you on the battlefield!
- The MechWarrior Team
MC Release Date: April 3rd 2018
C-Bill Release Date: May 1st 2018
You can check out the Quirk information for the Thanatos as part of our Countdown post here.
The Thanatos also brings with it 3 new Colours for purchase with MC in-game. Early Adopters of a Thanatos Pack receive these colours for free.
This patch marks the release of Rubellite Oasis, our first brand-new Map since the release of Grim Plexus in March of last year. Excluding Faction Play Siege Mode, Rubellite Oasis features full support for all other Quick Play and Faction Play Game Modes.
Littered with the ruins of ancient structures whose original purpose has been lost in the haze of time, rumors of an abandoned SLDF facility and invaluable, untapped resources have long surrounded this remote and unforgiving planet. It is only now, with a terrible and protracted war for the Inner Sphere still raging, that these tales of unclaimed fortune have finally drawn the eye of the most desperate factions and opportunistic warriors. Compared to the rest of the planet, this sector is a veritable jewel. Known simply as 'the oasis' among those who attempt a dry humor in the face of grim reality, it is one of the few locations on this planet where the jagged formations and perpetual storms haven't entirely decimated its ruins. For those who believe, this place still holds within it the promise of legend. For others, it is simply yet another field upon which their enemies will fall, and be forgotten.
Check out a fly-through teaser video of Rubellite Oasis below!
Dynamic Time of Day
There is no dynamic time of day sequence for this map.
• Steel debris
• Structure trusses
The 'Mechs and Reward Items featured in the 2017 Annual Rewards Program are now available to eligible pilots!
Check out all their Loadout details here. Quirk information will be posted as part of their Countdown here.
• 2,000,000 C-Bills
• 1 MechBay
• Year 4 Anniversary Cupcake Standing Cockpit Item
• UrbanMech UM-R68 Loyalty Variant (featuring a unique Loyalty Pattern and 30% C-Bill Boost) + 1 MechBay
• 1 MC Medallion Hanging Cockpit Item
• Griffin GRF-5M Loyalty Variant (featuring a unique Loyalty Pattern and 30% C-Bill Boost) + 1 MechBay
• Kit Fox KFX-G Loyalty Variant (featuring a unique Loyalty Pattern and 30% C-Bill Boost) + 1 MechBay
• Victor VTR-9A1 Loyalty Variant (featuring a unique Loyalty Pattern and 30% C-Bill Boost) + 1 MechBay
• 1 Vitric Forge Red Star Standing Cockpit Item
• Linebacker LBK-H Loyalty Variant (featuring a unique Loyalty Pattern and 30% C-Bill Boost) + 1 MechBay
• 1 Vitric Forge Blue Star Standing Cockpit Item
• 1 Mechanical/Apocalyptic Horse Statue Standing Cockpit Item
• 1 Mechanical/Apocalyptic Wolf Statue Standing Cockpit Item
• 2 Scottish Bagpipe Warhorns
• BattleGrid: Fixed an issue where 'Mech Health percentages were not reporting correctly.
• Crimson Strait (Domination): Spawn locations have been adjusted to improve balance relative to Domination Beacon location.
• HUD: All Hero Chassis and Variant names in the Targeting HUD are now standardized to use all-caps.
• Rewards: Incursion and Escort Game Modes now provide Objective Victory Rewards.
This patch sees a fairly limited Quirk pass, with only the Spider and BlackJack 'Mechs receiving any Quirk adjustments.
Please note that while the new UM-68 [L] is listed in the provided PDF, all other new [L] variants releasing in this patch aren't listed in that document. Their Quirk information will be provided as part of the Reward 'Mech Countdown, located here.
• All Structure Quirks have been converted into Armor Quirks.
• Spider SDR-5D: Armor Bonus has been increased to match other variants.
Spider Design Notes: With some of the recent Light changes we feel the Spider has been sidelined a bit in favor of newer 'Mechs with more Hardpoints. We want to ensure that the Spider retains its own unique style compared to the other 'Mechs within its Weight Class, given its Hardpoint restrictions. A heavy focus on top-of-the-line Mobility, coupled with high durability, means that while the Spider doesn't carry the largest degree of firepower, it does boast unrivaled sustainability among the range of 'Mechs that can exceed 100 KPH.
• BJ-1/BJ-1DC/BJ-2/BJ-3: Structure Quirks have been converted into Armor Quirks.
Blackjack Design Notes: While the Blackjack has seen a bit of a boost with the release of newtech, helping it in its pocket-ranged fire support niche, we feel that on many of its variants the existing Structure Quirks would be better served as Armor Quirks, allowing it to better trade more aggressively before its Armor is breached.
Drill Power Tool (Thanatos Standing Item): 750 MC
Work Lamp (Thanatos Hanging Item): 750 MC
Metal Pipe Warhorn (Thanatos Mounted Item): 750 MC
Flame Torch (Thanatos Early Adopter Standing Item): 750 MC
Thanatos Standard Pack (and Collector Pack)
"The Death Wish"
Thanatos Collector Pack
"The God of Death"
These Titles and Badges are only available through their associated Packs. Collector Packs include the Titles and Badges from both the associated Standard and Collector Pack.
As outlined in our July Patch Notes, 'Mechs will undergo gradual retrofit passes to support the visual display of new weaponry. These visual retrofits are being done in stages.
As of this patch, all variants of the following chassis now support the distinct visuals of new weaponry:
• Kit Fox
• Comp Play: Fixed an issue where a previously Ready player would still be listed as Ready after switching to an invalid 'Mech, but would still correctly be blocked from launching.
• Cougar COU-H: Fixed an issue where the Set of 8 Quirks included a +5% Cooldown Quirk, rather than the intended -5% Cooldown.
• Faction Play (Conflicts Panel): Fixed an issue where Special Conflicts would not show the associated Faction insignias.
• Faction Play: Removed a redundant warning when viewing Career details.
• Faction Play: Fixed an issue where debug text would briefly appear just prior to the beginning of a match.
• Group: Fixed an issue where Quick Play would appear as an option twice if there were no active Faction Play Conflicts.
• Group: Fixed an issue where players who returned from a match and were viewing a rewards dialog would still be listed as 'Deployed'.
• Group: Fixed an issue where a Group Invite could show the wrong Faction icon for the player.
• Inventory: Fixed an issue where the Sell Item button could remain active but invisible after selling an item.
• Inventory: Fixed an issue where the C-Bill icon would not appear in the dialog when attempting to sell a single item.
• MechLab (Warehouse): Fixed an issue where swapping OmniPods could cause items to display incorrectly in the 32-bit client.
• MechLab: Fixed an issue where equipping Flamers, Laser AMS, or RACs would have an inaccurate impact on your listed Heat Management value. In-game Heat was behaving correctly; this issue only erroneously impacted your listed Heat Management value.
• MechLab: Fixed an issue where the Critical Chance values were being visually rounded in the tooltip for Targeting Computers.
• MechLab: Fixed an issue where Loadout errors for the Head were referring to the component as 'Cockpit'.
• Mech Stats: Fixed an issue where the wrong colour was used for the Arm Angle value.
• MechWarrior Academy: MiniMap and BattleGrid now accurately reflect the distinct layout features of the Academy map, rather than simply using the River City map.
• River City (F5): Fixed an location where 'Mechs could get stuck.
• Special Events: 'Recent Events' tab has been renamed to 'Past Events'.
• Special Events: The 'Current Events' and 'Future Events' tabs will now be visible even when no Events are currently running or announced. Under this circumstance, the tabs will be comprised of text conveying these states.
• Special Events: Fixed an issue where the Victory/Loss Claim Reward would not appear when all Immediate Rewards were already Claimed or unavailable for being Claimed.
• Special Events: Fixed an issue where headers would sometimes not appear above Events.
• Special Events: To address an issue with large numbers not fitting in the available space, Completion states are no longer conveyed with a green checkmark. Once an Objective requirement has been met, the listed value will however continue to turn green to help denote completion.
• Splash Screen: Fixed an issue where skipping the Tutorial in the inital splash screen before the screen was fully loaded could cause the dialog to get stuck on-screen
• Nova Cat: Animations have been cleaned up to address issues with leg behavior.
• Nova Cat: Fixed placement issues with footprints.
• Osiris: Fixed an issue where the arms wouldn't appear to move up and down while in 1PV.
• Settings (Video): Fixed an issue where the lowest resolutions wouldn't appear in the resolution dropdown when first accessed.
• Store: Fixed an issue where the Linebacker LBK-RL was not categorized as a Hero 'Mech.
• Store (Mech Stats): Fixed an issue where the Tooltip could remain on-screen after hovering over a Component.
• Unit (Rank Management): Fixed an issue where the 'View Last Online Time' privilege could not be assigned on its own.
• Unit (Message of the Day): Hitting primary Enter key to set another line will no longer close the window. The NumPad Enter key will still close the window.
• Unit: Fixed an issue where a long Unit name would overrun the Member and Planet Info window.
• UrbanMech UM-K9: Fixed an issue where CT Energy Weapon hitboxes didn't have complete coverage.
• Uziel: Fixed an issue where multiple variants weren't correctly utilizing empty hardpoint caps.
• Uziel (all variants): Fixed an alignment issue with the Center Torso and the hip.
• Uziel (all variants): Animations have been cleaned up to address issues encountered while Torso is turned and the 'Mech is in motion.
Patch Files (Direct Download)
To make the patching process easier for players with limited download caps, we'll be providing direct download links for the patch file(s) that comprise this patch. This will allow you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, for manual injection into the MWO patcher through a Patch Cache folder.
Aside from allowing you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, on another connection, there are no additional benefits to performing the patch this way; the patching process itself will be the same.
This direct patch download process will only work for players running the standalone client. It does not apply to players running MWO through Steam.
How to use these patch files
• Download the above file(s)
• For sake of ease we recommend creating a dedicated folder for the patch file(s), such as 'MWO Patch Cache'
• You do not need to unzip or unpack the patch file(s)
• Launch the MWO Portal
• Select the three horizontal lines in the top left of the Portal Window
• Choose the 'Specify Patch File Cache' option
• In the field that appears, paste or enter the location in which you saved the patch file(s) and hit OK
• For example, C:\Users\<username>\Documents\MWO Patch Cache
• Click the blue Patch button
• The launcher will now check the Patch Cache folder you defined. If it locates the required patch files, it will unpack and use those files to apply the patch.
• Once the patch is complete, launch the game